Thursday, June 3, 2010

Foxconn Sees 10th Employee Suicide This Year

Iam really sympathetic to the people that work there. I can only imagine their disgust going to work. Coming every morning in front of this building. Having to work for peanuts, and than cope with the stress of bills. I mean, I am not a wealthy person, but at least I put a smile on my face going to work in the morning. Imagine working for a company that is known to the world for suicides and deaths!

Having to cope with the deaths of your team mates is certainly not an easy thing. There are probably rumors going on all the time. No, I wasn’t there, I don’t know what it feels like. But I hope it gets better for them. Google street view granted me the possibility to see this death building and sympathize with the Foxconn workers.

I dedicate this post to all the dead Foxconn workers. Workers that were imprisoned, and didn’t know what else to do. Workers that were enslaved to feed their family and children, put a roof over their head. To satisfy the basic human needs. I don’t even blame Foxconn, or the companies they work for. I blame the society and the direction it is taking. Do we really want to enjoy the flashy touch screens while some of us are dying to make them?


It seems a lot of people want to inform themselves on the Foxconn situation. So I think it’s a good thing Apple is stepping in and incentivizing (helping). It turns out, that after last calculations were made it will be a 30% increase. Where are the are big players? Shouldn’t they be stepping in too? After all, Foxconn is producing xbox360, Playstation, Wii, and etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment